In January 2019 the Ministry of Higher Education and Science published "Strategi for Nationalt Samarbejde om Digital Forskningsinfrastruktur" (only in Danish)" meaning "Strategy for the National Collaboration on Digital Research Infrastructure". The strategy is developed by a committee with representatives from the universities and the Ministry. The DeiC Board has the task to prepare the transisition to a new organisation of the nationale collaboration on digital research infrastructure, based on the strategy.
Researchers at Danish universities must have access to a digital infrastructure, permitting world class research and education.
- Researchers from all research areas must have acces to digital infrastructure on transparent terms.
- There must be a clear and distinct division of roles and tasks between activities on the national level and institutional level.
- Investments in costly digital infrastructure for research must be coordinated and utilized and operated efficiently.
- A long-term sustainable and flexible collaboration must be established with a strong international foothold.
- There must be stability around finances to ensure continuous modernization of technology and continuous competence development.
Added Strategic Focus Areas for the Period 2023-2026
In 2022, the DeiCs board added a series of strategic focus areas to the original strategy. The new focus areas apply to the period 2023-2026:
Strengthen national knowledge sharing through closer contact with and between the front end at universities and the back end centrally and within the systems.
Support Danish participation in international HPC (High-Performance Computing) development and researchers' access to international HPC facilities.
Support researchers' increased interest in the application of AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) on national and international HPC facilities.
Strengthen efforts for researchers' use of registry data.
Collaborate with universities on targeted communication to end-users.
Monitor that the Danish AAAI (Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence) development follows international standards and provides easy and secure access to national and international services.
Actively monitor developments in quantum computing and algorithms, supporting national development and future applications in the field.
Collaborate with universities on the establishment of competency development initiatives in data management and HPC for academia, industry, and public administration.
Monitor and support developments in the security field in collaboration with the ministry and universities.